The Benefits of Horseback Riding
The Meadows of Mendon Stables is a community based pleasure riding stables that services youth through adults in the instruction of horseback riding. The environment is a tranquil and focused learning environment. People with disabilities and non-disabled people are welcome to experience riding at the stables. Ages of our riders range from 2 years old to 76 years old. The stables main farm is Meadows of Mendon stables located in Mendon. This stable also owns and operates a second farm in the southern tier. We have 15-20 horses on site that we own. We are not a boarding stables. Everyone that attends or visits the program at the stables is scheduled to be here- no walk-ins allowed. We enjoy riding English and Western here at the stables.
Programs that we offer are:
• Horseback riding lessons in a group or 1 on 1 instruction
• Therapeutic classes for people with mental and physical disabilities
• Family riding programs
• Mother and Daughter riding Classes
• Entire family riding classes
• Spring Break riding classes (Monday-Friday)
• Summer Lesson Program classes, 8 weeks available (Monday-Friday)
• Girl Scout and Boy Scout troop riding (Merit Badges)
• Veteran and Columbus days off riding classes ($65 each full day)
• Special Occasion rides and Birthday Parties (*However, Birthday Parties are only for current clients)
• Lease programs- individual and family
Horseback riding has been attributed to many positive outcomes for its riders. For school age and adult riders there has been reported an increase in work ethic, responsibility, and organizational skills. Parents and teachers have noted an increase in self-confidence, respect, courage, and commitment. Horseback riding also enhances
coordination and helps build core muscles. Riders build bonds and friendships with equine and human friends and teaches patience.
"Ginger" born summer 2013 at Meadows of Mendon
REGISTER NOW FOR OUR SUMMER RIDING PROGRAM
Special Riding Events
We offer a variety of lesson programs in all seasons including family riding programs, adult riding classes, riding for youth with disabilities, and our annual Spring Break lesson program.
Click here to find out more details on any of our programs.
We have our summer schedule! Click here to find out more details.